Saturday, October 17, 2009

Landed!

Praise the Lord!!!

After a beautiful send off from Lakeshore in the early hours of this morning, we've arrived in Tuis de Turrialba this evening. We were met at the San Jose airport by nothing less than the smiling faces of both Hector and Daniel! What a blessing it was to start off as a team with them. We rode with Hector all the way back to Tuis (2.5hour car ride), which provided a great opportunity to get a feel for the current happenings and what some plans are. All I have to say is this: We are going to be busy!

However I sanction your prayers: In the last week leading up to the trip, I hadn't been feeling all that well. Now that I pushed my limit and stayed up most the night with the youth, I was granted the opportunity to chuck my airplane cookies a few times today. Let me tell you - I thought a long airplane ride was rough to do on an upset stomach (those little airplane bags are effective though, aren't they?) ... little did I know the tough part was still coming: sitting in the back seat of a van whipping and winding along mountain side roads (for 2.5hours). RALF! Please pray that my health recoups very quickly and I will be able to partake in tomorrow's activities. Hector wants us to introduce ourselves to the congregation, and I'd rather not be green. Tom is heading to the men's breakfast first thing and I hope to be able to share a meal with our house mother while the men are away. Currently, eating, for me, is completely out of the question. I was able to keep down a herb-tea type-drink our house mother put together for me for my stomach when we arrived. I don't know what it was, but it was pretty delicious. I'm restricted to a horizontal position (nothing to do with an ingredient of the tea, don't worry)... But praise God our laptop has picked up the wireless signal from the rental house next door!!!

Also, although most of our bags made the journey with us, our pretty red one is still in Toronto. Air Canada is suppose to deliver it early next week... please pray it will make this journey and that the Costa Rican's in Tuis won't notice I only have one change of cloths until it arrives (!!!).

All that said, we are thrilled to bits to be here!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

And we are thrilled to bits that you are on the ball with the blog!

I pray that you'll feel better soon, and that your first few days in Truis go off without a hitch. It's very exciting!